Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This Gives Me The High-Rise Heebie Jeebies!

The tallest building in the U.S., the Sears Tower in Chicago, has added some new features. 1,353 feet in the air, on the 103rd floor, are some balconies. Not just any balconies. No--these balconies have transparent walls, floors and ceilings. I don't know about you, but just typing those words gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. If you dare step out onto the balcony, it gives the appearance, of walking out on air over the city. I don't know about you, but I just felt my legs go weak just thinking about it.
And look at these kids. Just laying there as if its no big deal. 103 stories high, now! I think I'd just freak out watching anyone walk out on a see-through floor like that. Just ask anyone who has been on a ferris wheel with me. No talking--No laughing---don't move--not one muscle.

I couldn't do it. Nope. I would feel like the bottom was going to fall out. What if there was a crack in the floor? What if it wasn't attached onto the side of the building very well?

Pardon my English, but I just have to say, "AIN'T NO WAY! UH- UH. NO WAY!"



4 comments:

  1. Amen sista...me either...AIN'T NO FREAKIN WAY!!!! Okay and what is the deal with the first picture...is that a really really tall man on the outside of that balcony??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza!!!! I'm partly fascinated and compelled to step out there, partly terrified!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cewmont,
    Thanks to visit my bolg.I will follow you with pleasure.
    Sears tower is amazing. I think It is not suitable for high-place phobia. Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to stop by and leave a comment!