Thursday, April 9, 2009

What's A Blog To Do?

I find the idea of blogging quite fascinating. People sharing fun and amusing stories about their lives, their struggles, their dreams, their achievements. Or maybe a new recipe, or how to cope being a mom. Or dad. A blog about great travel adventures. A blog about a great business opportunity.

The idea of blogging has my attention. Kind of like a swimming pool in early summer. The air is warm. The sun is shining. The pool looks so clear and inviting. But, do I really want to get wet? Even though it is warm outside, will the water be cold? I think I will feel just fine after I decide to just go for it and jump in.

I ask myself—what do I have to add to this great world of blogging? What has been some of my greatest obstacles for starting a blog? Deciding on what the title should be!! And then what to write about! And do I want everyone to see what I’m writing about??

Well- everything I have written so far, has been written with me still not knowing what I will name my blog, or if it will even have a theme! But, during this time, I have decided that I WILL go and put myself out there. I will make a commitment to just jump in and see if I will decide to swim around for a while.

I’ve had several friends encourage me to start a blog. Don’t they know I love to write & talk! If they send me e-mail with one small question or comment, it takes a novel for me to reply! Maybe they have been encouraging me to blog to save space in their e-mail inbox! And, if they don’t decide to join me for my swim---that’s ok. I would certainly enjoy the company. But, if not, I’ll just take this time for myself.

Well- this is my first blog entry, in a blog that is STILL unnamed. And still doesn’t define a theme. Maybe that is the theme. Maybe it will just be random thoughts that pop into my mind. Maybe others will be interested. Maybe not. But that’s ok.

Ok..... I've decided on a title. And I'm jumping in! If I splash you when I jump in, you will get a taste of my corny ?humor? Hope you dont mind!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogsphere! You,my friend,are off to a great start!!I am so proud of you and so excited to read all that you have to offer us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there lady! I love your blog....it could be like Seinfeld. A blog about "nothing". You could write about anything....and I fully expect that you will ;-) I love it!!

    Hugs! Diva (yes one of the friends that encouraged this....and needed the email stroge space :-p)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Now I guess I'll have to go update mine...HA HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement and support!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to stop by and leave a comment!