Monday, April 20, 2009

Something I Just Feel I Should Share

Last night I was flipping channels and saw that the new movie about Natalee Holloway was just ending. I thought it was kind of unusual that the movie came out right when I decided to write about my trip that took place 5 months ago. I don't want to seem callous in writing about our adventures because of the timing of my writings.

Also, it is a collection of memories and comments by several people--and there were references that could seem callous. But, I am going to write everything as it was said & written at the time of our trip. So--in case anyone is unclear or wonders what my feelings are on the subject of Natalee Holloway's unsolved disappearance, here goes..........

Even though I am the mother of a 20 year old daughter, I just cannot even fathom what Natalee's mother has gone through. I cannot imagine the range of emotions or the physical and mental pain this has caused her. My heart goes out to her. She deserves to know exactly what happened to her daughter and she deserves to know that justice has been served. I pray that she will know both of these things.

As a resident of the state of Alabama, it made the story more personal. I have driven through the area where she lived in and went to school. It is very sad that her life is not now being lived to the fullest as it should be.

Do I think some people dropped the ball in the investigation of the case? Yes. Do I think there were some strings pulled and some things overlooked, maybe on purpose? Yes-that's my opinion. Did I agree with our governor's call to boycott Aruba? No. If we boycotted every place that had corrupt legal systems or politicians, or people in power that purposely overlooked things they shouldn't, then there would have to be a mass exodus from many cities in the United States, I fear!

For some reason, I just felt the need to explain my feelings, since I am going to be writing about what a good time we had in Aruba, even though a movie about Natalee Holloway has just been aired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop by and leave a comment!