Wednesday, May 6, 2009

CHILD LABOR

Recently, after a little touch up on my toenails, I left my bottle of red polish sitting on the coffee table and rushed out the door. I was expecting to be home alone that weekend, and thought it would be OK to leave it there till later. Well-----I ended up not being alone later, and while I was putting groceries away in the kitchen, guess who discovered the bottle, after being home for less than 5 minutes???


Here he is, pointing out his handi-work.
He didn't have a clue he had it on his face and hands, and couldn't figure out why I kept wanting him to be still for this picture. "Hey, grandmama--cant a guy eat his apple in peace??" What you cant see is the red polish on the dog, the rug in the hall, the TV remote, a few specks on his shirt, and a nice glob on his shorts.

For punishment, I woke him up bright and early the next day and , while still in his jammies, made him wash windows......................

....................................and cut the grass.

JUST KIDDING------ He actually saw me wiping the window sill, thought it was fun, and wanted his own paper towel. The lawn mower was a birthday present and it blows bubbles. Too bad it doesn't really work, he was doing a great job!!!

Unfortunately, by the time he gets good at wiping down the windows & cabinets, wiping up his messes, throwing trash away , putting away toys, or operating a real lawn mower, he will realize its work and not just some fun thing to do. Yesterday I had to sweep off the porch, and he ran to get his toy broom and help. Did I mention he has a toy vacuum that he loves? Wonder how much he'll love it when its time to use a real vacuum? Oh well. At least I can enjoy watching him now. Oh--and it sure is nice to lay on the couch and say, "hey, can you go over there and get grandmama the remote?". That's not violating child labor laws is it? Isn't that what kids are for??? : )
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop by and leave a comment!