Thursday, May 14, 2009

SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS GEORGIAN IS ON MY MIND

This is my name in Georgian. - (The country--not the state in the US. If that were the case, my name would be Cawleen--3 syllables). The language is very beautiful to see in writing. If I had been smart, I would have had the person who wrote this for me, write even more for me in Georgian. My brother had a great idea. He has Bible verses written in Georgian, in the back of his Bible. How is that for a souvenir?

This is the person who wrote my name for me. She lives in Azerbaijan, but the town she lives in is mostly a Georgian-speaking town. It is very close to the Georgia border. See how her walls are decorated in post cards? It’s really cool.

Here she is with her mom. Isnt this a sweet picture?


And here she is with her dad, mom, our interpreter, and two of her friends.

My brother and I, along with our interpreter (and friend), were fortunate enough to be guests in their home, for a couple of days.

It was such an awesome opportunity to meet these people, whom I will never forget. I wonder if I will ever get to actually see them again. We have an invitation to return during the summer months and hike (through the Caucus mountains) to a beautiful waterfall. My brother says that he would actually like to bring his whole family on a visit to this area. Who knows? We just never know where God might lead us or whom He will give us the pleasure of meeting.

My new friend has said she will teach me Georgian. The first phrase she has taught me is:"Kriste agsdga", meaning Christ is raised from the dead.
I think that’s a great phrase to start with! Knowing that Christ has indeed risen, and having a relationship with the Risen Christ is part of what led me on my journey to meet my new friend and know what my name looks like in Georgian. And to learn how to say, “Kriste agsdga!”


3 comments:

  1. So sweet... and I thought when I read the title it was gonna be a post all about me!! Just kidding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on my mind everyday! Especially thanks to your blog and facebook! : )

    Just this morning I was thinking that I need to actually discuss a REAL date and time to come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool i learned how to speak some languages on gooogle translate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to stop by and leave a comment!