Wednesday, May 20, 2009

STILL TOGETHER AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

While looking for a picture to post for (ahem) "Wordless Wednesday" (I obviously havent grasped the concept of letting the pictures do the talking), I found this old picture of me, my two sisters, and some of my cousins at Cheaha. Can you guess which one is me? I'm the little runt who was too little to get to hang out with the big girls. But, I got in this picture and struck a pose like a big girl, so there! Nowadays I am allowed and actually invited at times to spend time with them. I thought I'd try to find a few recent pictures of us still hanging out together.




This one happens to be at Cheaha just two summers ago, (uh--about 37 years after the first picture!) with two of the cousins in the picture.


Here's some of the group, two years ago, at a Sweet Potato Queen Parade in Jackson, MS. I wasnt going to say anything, but .........doesnt one of them have a LOT of beads???




My sisters and I in New Orleans last summer.


Ok-so my brother wasnt in the original picture--I'm not sure he was even born yet. But, here are my sisters and one of the cousins.


Not only do I get to hang out with them, I even get to do a little dancing too. Not like when I was too little and could only watch while they all got to have fun doing the famous Soul Train Line. But--that's another story.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop by and leave a comment!