Thursday, June 25, 2009

Getting Used To The Water

Now that I've let my feet dangle in the waters of blogging and even made some little ripples, I've decided that the water is fine, and I'm ready to venture in a little more. I'm getting a little more accustomed to things-----but am definitely still in need of floaties and no where near ready for the deep end!

I've ventured out and read some other blogs. Besides the great writing out there, I've been amazed at the creativity put into the designing of many of the blogs. And there are just so many things I don't yet understand . And I haven't figured out just how people know about all this stuff. There's things like "grabbing buttons" and "Mr Linky" and the most amazing customized blog banners.

I've never worked with any kind of computer graphics or photo editing websites or programs. The most I've ever done is re-sized and cropped! I see that It will take some time to figure all of this out. Especially since I am the kind of person that prefers to have someone right with me showing me how to do something step by step.

I think that I will love my blog home much more, when I have it decorated in a way that I feel expresses my personality. So--today I have been practicing how to do different things. My blog has had several different themes and colors today as I work on the very basic of techniques.

I think having a page set up the way I want it to be will help to inspire me to write and post more too. So far there are only a couple of my posts that I have been happy with. I usually don't have much time to think about things, and when I get some time, I just come in here and start typing. Most of what I have posted is more like a rough draft of something that could be much better.

I will be glad when I feel this is truly my home and and my writing flows more smoothly--and maybe I can say what I want to say using a lot less words. Hmm- not sure about that one------but maybe the more I write, some of the things I learned about writing when younger will come to mind, or other blog writers will inspire me. Regardless, I am glad I decided to take off my shoes and test the waters.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things about blogging is that you can customize your "home" and make it what you WANT. I was hooked on blogging when I saw that I was able to almost instantly publish what I wanted.......such great instant gratification. Comments are always so nice, too. I'm always around if you have any blogging questions........not that I can guarantee I can answer them.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog's lookin good-- got your graphics, your blogroll, etc. Throw in a counter and you'll be off and sailing. Also, remember that more isn't always better-- and link to stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to stop by and leave a comment!