Saturday, June 13, 2009

Well- I promised myself I'd write here every day. So--here I am! Just logged on without even thinking. Not even an idea of what to write about, so certainly no organized thinking going on! No goal to accomplish!

It's me and the Camster today. His mom left early this morning to get a haircut and highlights. I think she planned to get some sun today by a friend's pool, but the weather had different plans. But, I'm sure she is still having fun. No mommy responsibilities, but mostly--no mother getting on her butt for stuff (to which I've gone above and beyond the call of duty lately).

First, Cam and I went to a nice little park with a stream running through it. We threw rocks in the stream and listened to them go "plunk" in the water. We threw leaves and sticks in the water and watched them float carelessly down the stream out of sight. "Bye Bye!", Cam told each leaf and stick. We climbed around on the playground equipment. Went through tunnels and down a slide. Just once on the slide. It had a little bit of muddy water pooled up at the bottom. Well, it did have more water pooled up, but the backside of my pants helped out with that situation a bit.

I didn't care that my backside was wet. Nope--and in fact, I was already planning our next trip to this particular park. On a day with a bit more sun and us wearing something that was OK to get a little bit wet. Because Cam and I are gonna actually wade in that stream! Yep! But not too far down stream. Don't want to run into any snakes or anything! And-well--its still a park--in a kind of public area. Don't want to do too much serious stream exploration and be seen by too many people thinking I escaped from my padded cell. But, I do think I will get brave and take Cam on a trip to a state park not too far away, and do some real hiking and "exploring" with him.

He's taking a nap right now. He seems to do well with a good nap in the afternoon. He takes one at daycare, so we try to keep him on schedule at home too. I think he actually doesn't get to sleep as long as he'd like at daycare. Cause he comes home kinda tired and ILL, some days. And, we do let him sleep longer on the weekends than he gets to sleep at school, if he wants to.

But, I'm already plotting and scheming how we can take him to Six Flags and White Water and work around nap time. And take him to the lake to hang out and enjoy the water. I'm not quite ready for an "all the way to the beach" trip. Or a Disney World trip. But, I do want to get out more with the little guy. He's pretty fun to hang out with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop by and leave a comment!