Wednesday, June 17, 2009

That's not a little rubber ball being bounced off the walls, that's the sound of thoughts in my head bouncing around.

This is what a woman's brain looks like: A Woman's Brain - Goofball.com Busy Busy Busy. Stuff going on all the time. All day--sometimes all night. And it is amazing how many thoughts can be processed in such a short period of time. I was just thinking about that this morning as I was taking Cameron to daycare.

We are riding down the road and he's in the back seat pointing at things. Of course--I cant see what he's pointing at. I am in the front seat, looking forward and driving. So, to get my attention, he is back there going, "MAW! MAW! MAW!" (his version of grandmama) This will go on till I say, "Yes, Cameron?" Then he starts babbling about something that I totally do not understand. So, I'm not quite sure what he is pointing at.

Well, I've got to say something to keep him from doing the whole "Maw!" thing again, so as we are driving by the AUM (Auburn University Montgomery) Dorms, I just happen to say, "Yes. That is a college."

Ok--so here is where the many thoughts processed in a short period of time comes in. In just a manner of seconds here's how it goes:

Out loud: "Yes. That is a college" Then in my mind: I wonder where Cam will go to college? I wonder if he will be an Auburn fan or an Alabama fan? I wonder if he will be a Bama fan like the family or be an Auburn fan for whatever reason? Then out loud again: "Yes Cameron, that is a back hoe" Then in my mind: Matt (my nephew) could say back hoe before he was even two. He knew the difference between and could point out back hoes and bulldozers and tractors. Amy decided she was gonna be an Auburn fan when she was like in 3rd grade. For some reason. So, I just said ok. It was when she got her tonsils taken out. Yes--because Mary Jane gave her an Auburn sweat shirt and the others in the office gave her a Teddy Bear. But now Amy is an Alabama fan again. That was just a phase. Boy, I sure do miss Mary Jane. I cant believe shes been gone for 9 years now. Wow, it just seems like yesterday that we were sitting in the office together talking and laughing. She was such a hoot! But also a good friend. Its funny that when I think of her, like when I think of my dad, Out loud: "Yes, that is a flag. That is the American flag" To myself: I think that bear Amy got from everyone in the office was wearing a sweater with the American Flag on it. The sky is so pretty today. I am so glad I can feel at peace when I think of my dad and Mary Jane. That even though I miss them, they are still kind of close by. Because we are only separated for a short time, and then I will see them in heaven. How awesome to know that I will be with them again. How sad for people that don't have this assurance. I am going to be late. Irg! I am so mad at myself. OH--there's that cop who gave me a ticket yesterday. What's he doing--hanging out over here now, trying to catch me speeding on this side of the interstate? Hmmpf!

And this all happened in a matter of seconds. Honest! And this is just what I remember. I could have had a few other thoughts thrown in there too.

Do you ever find yourself thinking about one thing, then all of a sudden be in a totally different place, thought-wise, and then trace your thoughts back to see how you got there? Or am I the only person that does that, and I probably shouldn't have confessed to it? In the amount of time it takes me to brush my teeth, I can start out thinking I need to buy more toothpaste, on to how we had to take fluoride treatments in school and then chew those pink tablets to check for plaque, venture over to my short-lived softball career in 3rd grade and end up thinking about the girl I used to run with in Bad Toelz and how we were gonna get shirts that said, " I work out so I can pig out". And then wonder what I'm going to take for lunch.

And those are my random thoughts for the day!

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone! Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stream_of_consciousness_(narrative_mode)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to stop by and leave a comment!